Getting to Mt Hotham
Leeton Lodge is located in the Hotham Heights Alpine Village. You can get
here either by Road, Air and/or Coach or Taxi.
Look up the directions on the web:- Google Maps, Whereis or TravelMate.
Type in your home address and then Hotham Heights as your destination.
Note: The road to Mt Hotham (especially from the Harrietville side) can
sometimes be closed temporarily in heavier conditions. If in doubt, please
check prior to leaving home. Alternatively, you can access the mountain via
Omeo, otherwise if you arrive to a closed road you may have to sit, cue and
wait until the road is reopened at Harrietville.
1. Drive through the tunnel into the village.
2. Drive approximately 2kms, pass the CFA, the Big D, and the The General on the right, and the Police Station on the
3. Jack Frost is another 100m on the right - look for a driveway type entrance, a bus shelter and a signpost listing the
1. You will arrive at the Davenport end of the village.
2. Jack Frost is on the left as you arrive - there is a driveway type entrance and a bus shelter on the left.
3. If you reach the police station on the right, The General, Big D or the CFA on the left, you have gone too far.
In winter you cannot drive in and will have to unload at this point - you have about a 2 hour limit before you must move
your car down to long term parking. Grab the sled from the lodge or call the oversnow (the number's on the sign near the
bus stop at Jack Frost. It's $30 this year. In summer however, you can drive right up to the lodge.
Once you have emptied the car, drive your car down to the long term parking spaces. A bus will pick you up to bring you
Safe travels...see you there!
Finding the lodge
Once you have made it to Mt Hotham you will need to find the Lodge. It's not overly difficult as there is only one road
(Alpine Way) on the mountain; the trick is where to stop. The walkway to access Leeton Lodge starts at Jack Frost.
Leeton Alpine Sports Club | Phone: (03) 5759 3283 | Phone (Lodge) (03) 5759 3583 | Email: email@example.com
Copyright Leeton Alpine Sports Club 2010